Getting a Library Card
How to Apply for a Card
1. You may obtain a library card by showing proof of residency within the boundaries of the Bartlett Public Library District. Some examples are:
Note: Not all portions of the Village of Bartlett are within our library boundaries, however most do have library service. If you are a member of another library district we will be happy to honor your card.
2. Visit Patron Services and fill out the registration form. Each applicant will be asked to present identification and proof of residency. A card will be processed and you may check out material immediately.
3. Children under 12 years of age and still in elementary school may apply for a library card with a parent or guardian present. There is no minimum age requirement.
If your library card is lost or stolen, please notify us as soon as possible. If the library has not been notified, materials on that card remain the responsibility of the cardholder. Library cards are good for three years and will expire unless renewed by the cardholder.
How to Renew Your Card
1. You will need to present some form of identification when renewing your library card. See the examples under applying for a library card. An updated card can be quickly processed and used immediately.
2. Persons in seventh grade or older may renew their cards by showing some form of identification and proof of address.